This is an exciting opportunity for a Trainee CAD Designer to join a leading furniture manufacturer based near Uckfield.
My client will consider a variety of levels of applicants for this position. You could be someone who has recently finished a design-related degree or you could be someone who has built up experience using CAD packages in the workplace. If you have an interest in furniture design and experience using CAD, please get in touch.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Designing products on CAD system from client specifications
- Modelling components on AutoCAD
- Producing drawings from models
- Producing costings from models
- Producing manufacturing data from CAD
- Thoroughly checking all work at every stage
- Liaising with clients to co-ordinate design / installation including other trades etc.
- A qualification in a relevant degree subject
- An interest in furniture design
- Experience using CAD
- Full training will be provided on Imos CAD system, AlphaCAM CAD system, and AutoCAD where required
- Salary: £16-24k per annum (DOE)
- 30am - 5pm (Monday-Friday)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.