Purpose of Position :
A Project Controller is a wide ranging role that interfaces with a number of key project stakeholders across the business, but primarily with Project Managers or Cost Account Managers (henceforth known as Project Managers).
The principle purpose of the role is to:
- Support assigned Project Manager(s) to promote good planning practice and ensure scope, schedule & budget adherence.
- Monitor, report & flag concerns, exceptions and issues through recognised escalation routes, along with proposed solutions.
A Project Controller:
- Would typically have at least 2 years' experience working in a controlled project environment and would be expected to assume the behaviours and responsibilities summarised below while supporting a portfolio of projects of low to medium complexity.
- Is flexible with a service delivery mind-set, providing ad-hoc support and undertaking additional activities as required (within an agreed level of support budget) to provide a quality service to assigned projects.
- Is required to produce high quality work on time and is recognised as contributing to the success of assigned projects, demonstrating their expertise to project team members.
- Supports and contributes to improvement initiatives.
- Produce resourced & time phased schedules with critical paths to help ensure that all tasks are complete and milestones are achieved on target and within budget.
- Maintain a project baseline schedule and track changes to the baseline as the project progresses.
- Regularly collect task status and update the schedule, analyse any variation or forecasted variation to plan.
- Review ETCs, EACs and other inputs with budget holders and submit updated forecasts to financial system.
- Track all expenditure on assigned projects.
- Ensure resource demand and supply (headcount) data in plans accurately reflects requirements. Challenge demands with assigned Project Manager(s) and other key stakeholders where necessary.
- Provide resource profile output from schedules into the resource management system used by the business.
- Create and maintain risk registers. Organise and facilitate regular risk reviews with risk owners and track mitigation actions. Include mitigation actions in plans and schedules as part of performance measurement baselines.
- Provide risk and related data in agreed formats for reporting purposes.
- Escalate, as necessary, extraordinary risk & issue impacts to project constraints that could adversely affect project success.
- Organise and facilitate regular project progress reviews with team, track progress and ensure all are aware of forthcoming activities.
- Generate schedule, risk, cost, resource, Earned Value and related metrics in agreed formats for capture & reporting.
- Ensure that a performance measurement baseline is produced for each assigned project.
- Ensure that changes to the project's performance measurement baseline are controlled and formally approved by the project manager prior to implementing.
- Support bids by providing schedules, resource demand and costing/estimates for the bid opportunity and the activities related to bid execution in line with the GDUK Project Capture Process (PCP).
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.