Junior Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
|Job Title:||Junior Quantity Surveyor / Estimator|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Salary:||£24000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 08:55|
This is a rare opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join a market leading manufacturing company based in West London.
Ideally you will be a driven and motivated Junior Quantity Surveyor with relevant qualifications and a minimum of 1 year's industry experience. You will have the opportunity to work with a prestigious client base including London's top film studios, architects, interior designers, hotels, restaurants, property developers and private clients.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Understanding architectural drawings
- Take off requirements
- Communicating with clients and subcontractors to discuss and determine finer details
- Quantifying and engineering solutions to those products
- Estimating the value (materials, labour, subcontractors, shipping, fitting etc.) and negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Documenting workings
- Compiling and delivering final quotation
- Helping to develop spreadsheets and procedures to further automate the estimating process
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Ability to read and interpret technical and architectural drawings
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office with an ability to interpret and write Excel formulas
- Ability to work at speed and with accuracy under pressure
- CAD skills and experience
- Previous experience within a similar role would be highly beneficial but not essential as training will be provided
- Previous experience in the metalwork industry is desirable
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's