Kitchen Supervisor / Cook
|Job Title:||Kitchen Supervisor / Cook|
|Location:||East Grinstead, West Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £19500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2019 17:13|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Supervisor/Cook to join a leading leisure company.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Ensure a good quality of food production
- Ensure high standards of food service are maintained
- Ensure that the team members adhere to uniform and PPE standards
- Carry out audit recommendations
- Encourage all staff to deliver a high level of customer service
- Monitor equipment maintenance schedules and schedule works as required
- Report any maintenance issues through correct channels
- Ensure that produce is costed out and sold with the agreed margin
- Delivery against budget targets, portion size and management reports
- Management and recruitment of staff
- Commercial awareness
- A passion for the industry
- General computer user skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to identify staff training and development requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Understanding of industry standards
- Flexible to the changes demands of the business
Education and qualifications
- Food and Hygiene/Safety Level 2 certificate
- Food Allergen Awareness certificate
- At least 1 year's experience in a similar role
- Experience of conference/banqueting desirable
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's