40 per week:
Alternating shift pattern
06.30am - 3pm Monday (alternate weeks)
0700 - 3.30pm Tuesday - Friday (alternate weeks)
Alternating shift pattern
09.30am to 6pm, Monday - Friday (alternate weeks)
You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient operation of all activities within the laboratory inclusive of Health and Safety Regulations compliance and relevant Quality Assurance Procedures.
The position would ideally suit an applicant who has relevant qualifications or lab experience.
Own transport required due to some early shifts.
Duties will include:
- Perform quality control analysis
- Maintain laboratory records
- Issue of laboratory reports as required by works procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping and cleaning standards within the laboratory area
- Maintain the laboratory store in a safe and efficient manner
- Sample and dispatch materials after a satisfactorily analysis has been completed
- The calibration of all laboratory test equipment
- Weighbridge administration support
- Process operator training
- Waste water management
- Process operational support / shift support
- Reporting of near miss, accidents and incidents on workbench
- L8 compliance of cooling towers and domestic showers
- Boiler water sampling and analysis
- Submitting continuous improvement suggestions to reduce accidents, incidents or to raise profitability on site
- Lab scale R&D investigate and project exercises
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.