Late Shift Truck Technician
|Job Title:||Late Shift Truck Technician|
|Salary:||Up to £34375 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 16:44|
This is an exciting opportunity for an HGV technician to join a main dealer in Aldershot.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action.
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and per instructions given by Service Reception.
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer's standards.
- Ensure that all work carried and time taken is well documented on the job card to ensure accurate billing to customer.
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced.
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking.
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to be carried out.
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks.
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage.
Education and qualifications
- Qualified to City and Guilds or NVQ level 2
- HGV Class C license preferred
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's