A Lead Engineer Avionics is required for a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. The employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of their people give them their competitive edge.
Purpose of Position:
Working in partnership with the Programme Manager, the Lead Engineer is fully accountable for the delivery of the Engineering element of contracted programmes or internally funded development activities to cost, schedule, compliance and quality targets. The Lead Engineer must therefore possess excellent technical, leadership and communications skills.
Engineering Management -
- Planning, estimating and scheduling all engineering activity.
- Technical Risk & Opportunity Management
- Objective measurement and management of execution plan status
- Reporting Of Execution Status
- Leadership/management of a Engineering Team
- Self-governance to ensure On Time Acceptable Delivery
- Ability to provide challenge, set direction and overcome issues
- Customer and stakeholder engagement/management
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Review and approval of engineering deliverables
- Providing Design Authority input and Certification of products/systems
Domain Knowledge -
- The candidate will have a strong understanding and extensive experience of developing avionics systems with breadth spanning Hardware, Firmware, Software and Mechanical development as well as the supporting disciplines of Safety, Security, Support and Training
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills with a track record of on-time, acceptable, delivery. Excellent communication and motivation skills are essential
Required Education & Experience-
- Significant demonstrable experience relevant to the knowledge and skills defined above
- Hold, or be capable of holding appropriate Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.