|Job Title:||Legal Secretary|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||August 27, 2019 14:14|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join an established and progressive Law Firm based in Eastbourne.
To support the team's fee-earners by providing competent and efficient legal secretarial and administration support within the Property team.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To support one or more fee-earners in the management of the secretarial workload, ensuring that the priorities of the department are met
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary for the team's fee-earners
- Accurate and timely preparation of correspondence from digital dictation and word processing
- Understand the document management processes ensuring adherence to the company's house style
- Organisation of the file management system, including maintaining the relevant paper and electronic filing systems and archiving in accordance with the Practice Manual
- Confidently use the main features of the core systems and software packages relevant to your position and practice area
- Proactively work with fee-earners to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet clients' expectations and the needs of the business, and make recommendations on improving work practices as necessary
- Ensure all documents and records are maintained in accordance with security and data protection rules
- Respond to internal and external client needs in a timely, professional, helpful and courteous manner
- Comply with all relevant policies and internal procedures appropriate for your role
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all activities including the affairs of its clients and former clients
- Have an understanding of the type of law practiced by your team, and demonstrate an understanding of the basic terminology and transactions for your practice area
- Plan and prioritise your work effectively with minimum supervision to meet deadlines and ensure that your colleagues are updated on your progress
- Continually look to improve your skills and knowledge and respond positively to feedback from others
- Any other tasks which may reasonably be required from time to time
- Excellent word-processing and digital dictation skills
- Experience of the production of standard conveyancing contracts, forms and documents
- Experience of carrying out Land Registry and other searches
- Experience of completion of SDLT forms
- Ability to compile and calculate completion statements
- Recent practical experience of using word processing packages (preferably Microsoft Word)
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both by telephone and face-to-face
- Recent experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a legal office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's