To assist the fee earner with day to day administrative tasks.
The position would suit someone who has a keen interest in the legal profession.
Fast and accurate typing skills are an essential requirement.
- Secretarial tasks (fast and accurate typing skills are required)
- Chasing clients to return their relevant documentation
- Logging complaints (liaising with your Line Manager)
- Keep in-house records up to date and accurate notes following telephone conversations and saving correspondence to file
- Process Cheque's, credit and debit card payments
- Handle incoming calls from clients and answer the main switchboard number in a timely and polite manner, following data protection procedures, taking detailed messages where necessary and passing them to the appropriate team member.
- Checking paperwork to ensure accuracy and signatures correct
- Assisting with general administration tasks, e.g. shredding, outgoing post, document scanning, photocopying, filing
- Archive storage, retrieving and returning files to storage and creating new archive files when required
- Processing changes of address, updating clients files
- Carry out any other reasonable administration tasks as required by management
Skills and Attributes:
- Fast & accurate typing skills
- Competent IT skills
- Good telephone manner / experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to multi task
- Good team player with the ability to use own initiative
- Flexible, Adaptable and Conscientious
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.