Logistics & Transport Coordinator
|Job Title:||Logistics & Transport Coordinator|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£22000 - £26000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 11:26|
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Logistics & Transport Coordinator to join a market leading events agency based in Eastbourne.
Working in an award winning office environment, you will have the opportunity to work with a prestigious client base including Google, Warner Brothers, Apple, and the UK Government. The business delivers various events ranging from exhibition stands, conferences, music festivals, and product launches.
You will be responsible for managing resources to ensure successful set-up of events.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Working alongside managers within the Logistics team to meet the demands of an install
- Presenting relevant information to installation teams for each event
- Booking resources in a timely manner
- Ensuring Health and Safety of equipment
- Setting up, reviewing, and managing crew schedules
- Booking transportation internally and externally to ensure successful movement of equipment around the country
- Ordering materials, ensuring adherence to budget
- Liaising with the Logistics Manager to ensure efficient and error-free operation
- Supporting with overseeing that assets are effectively stored, maintained, transported, and replaced
Must have a minimum of C in English and Maths at GCSE level, hold a UK driving license and a valid passport
- Good customer service and communication skills in writing, face-to-face and on the telephone
- Good IT skills - especially advanced Excel skills (e.g. tracking all equipment & parts / bookings calendar / loan dates & return, etc.) with great attention to detail
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's