This is an exciting opportunity for an Events professional with Transport & Logistics experience to join a market leading events agency based in Eastbourne.
You will be an integral part of a diverse and talented team supporting Logistic Managers and client teams on various events ranging from exhibition stands, conferences, music festivals and product launches.
Working in an award winning office environment, you will have the opportunity to work with a prestigious client base including Google, Apple and the UK Government.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Work collaboratively with LMs to meet the logistical demands of a client account
- Adhere to stringent controls to avoid data entry mistakes
- Cross-check information from a variety of sources to maintain accuracy
- Read, understand and act upon pre-defined event regulations
- Provide regular and clear updates to Logistics Manager
- Update the client's event schedule
- Adhere to a robust change control process to ensure events to be added or removed are approved by the client
- Support the LM with event bookings and negotiation of rates, taking advantage of early bird rates
- Present relevant information to installation teams or client teams for each event
- Collaborate with the Logistics Manager to identify efficiencies, avoiding duplication of effort and potential for errors
- Purchase event space, goods and services in-line with company procedures
- Support the LM in arranging and overseeing the client approval, transport, handling, storing and/or disposal of assets for an event
- Review projects and identifying lessons learned
- Keep a clear and auditable written record of all key decisions throughout a project's lifecycle, which complies with ISO 9001 requirements
- Implement lessons learned to improve personal skills and knowledge
- Excellent coordination and organisation skills
- Advanced Excel skills enabling the efficient management of data and information from a variety of sources
- Professional approach to data and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail enabling a rigorous review of documentation and data, and a willingness to maintain high standards
- Commitment to delivering an event on time, to budget, to a high-quality standard
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.