Machine Operator / Metalworker / Fabricator
|Job Title:||Machine Operator / Metalworker / Fabricator|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2021 17:22|
A company who deliver a full range of signage requirements for their clients from Surveying to Design, Manufacturing and Installation are on the market seeking Machine Operator / Metalworker / Fabricator to work in their production team working with a variety of Machines including CNC / Laser Cutting and Welding creating bespoke signage solutions for their clients. They have been established for over 20 years and have built an exceptional relationship with key clients resulting in an exceptionally strong order book ensuring long term work for the right candidate.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Steel Fabrication / Aluminium Fabrication / Stainless Steel Fabrication
- Management of daily and weekly workflow to ensure all components and parts are fabricated in good time
- Liaising with the wider production team to ensure part are fabricated in time for the next process requirement
- Working with the design team to develop designs and specifications to include on drawings
- Working with estimating to review drawings and provide indicatives fabrication times for pricing and scheduling purposes
- Assist the factory with any works they require assistance
- Report any defects back to the project office.
- Driving the van and maintaining high driving standards in accordance with our FORS and ISO accreditations.
Operation of Production equipment including but not limited to:
- CNC Brake Press
- CNC Guillotine
- CNC Router
- Corner Forming
- Laser cutting / etching
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- When working as part of a team you value the input of others and take responsibility for the part you have to play.
- You have a 'Consider it done' attitude and hate making excuses when things are not done; you must see life as managing conflicting priorities and be good at it.
- You are described as a great finisher who is determined to get results and you persist until the task is complete.
- You learn from your mistakes, continually acquire new skills and ways of improving what you do.
- You have a great team ethic and enjoy showing loyalty and support to each member of the team.
- Excellent MIG welding skills
- TIG welding experience preferred
- Experience in working with stainless and mild steel in various thicknesses
- Able to read and work to drawings
- Able to assist in other aspects of the manufacturing process
- Excellent work ethic and be willing to work overtime as required
- Ensure work is carried out to a high standard with good accuracy and attention to detail
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and Quality standards are complied with
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunites we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.