This is an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager with experience in a care environment to join a leading company based in Chigwell.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To be responsible for the day to day maintenance on the building, services, equipment and grounds
- To ensure that the building is safe, functional and in good working order, ensuring the highest standard of work
- To work individually and as part of a team, assisting the Senior Team to ensure the smooth running of the service
- Guiding and developing the maintenance team members and care teams
- Always comply with safeguarding procedures and promote an honest and open culture
- Work with the Registered Manager to ensure that the service meets the mandated training and Health and Safety compliance targets
- Contribute to team meetings, training and development and ensure good communication
- Liaise with relevant suppliers
- Complete basic repairs and redecoration as and when required
- Maintain the external environment including outbuilding and gardens to ensure a smart and welcoming appearance
- Test all required equipment and maintain a log of work carried out
- Ensure that new and existing staff are orientated to the building and understand Fire Safety Procedures
- Regularly test fire alarm systems and support periodic fire evacuation practice
- Maintain the safe storage of all equipment and products required for maintenance
- Report identified damages and defects to appliances, furniture or equipment
- Help to minimise costs
- Test, monitor and record temperatures on domestic hot and cold water and complete legionella checks as required
- Check and record all portable electrical appliances that residents bring into the care home
- Ensure all equipment is maintained as per the guidelines
- Report and record any accident or incident
40 hour working week, Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.