This vacancy has arisen due to continued growth within the company who are now looking to employ an experienced Accounts person to become part of a Finance team.
- Working closely with the Finance controller you will prioritise work efficiently and accurately
- Responsible for reconciling purchase orders, requisitions and invoices
- You will be entering invoices on the accounting system and assist with implementing new processes and procedures relating to Finance
- You will be managing staff expenses and ensuring the correct accounting treatment such as Tax and ensuring back up documents are processed correctly
- You will be reconciling supplier statements and agreeing terms with new suppliers and ensuring documents are stored correctly
- You will also carry out supplier credit checks and checking accounts
- Processing sales invoices which involves communicating internally and externally
- Full training will be given on in-house tools and then you will be assisting staff with the accounting systems and how they process expenses and purchases
- Be able to prioritise & manage workload
- Advanced competence with Sage
- To be studying AAT and to have at least completed level 3
- Experience with Microsoft packages (Excel & Word)
- You will need clear technical understanding of VAT including import & overseas treatment of Purchases
- Be flexible & adaptable - willing to learn producing management accounts
- you will also be required to travel to one of the companies other offices one day a fortnight
- Organised and accurate
- Experience working for a technology/manufacturing company and working with inventory and procurement systems is preferable
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.