Manufacturing Bid / Product Analyst
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Bid / Product Analyst|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 17, 2020 11:57|
Performance-Based Bonus Plans
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Responsible for large bids, and for benchmarking against competitors.
You will provide price management leadership and product pricing strategy development for assigned global product families and global product lines within the business unit. This includes global market, competitor analysis and price targeting/positioning to improve key financial factors. In addition, analysing the profit of potential markets, and supporting Product Management in the recommendation of price structures and price levels for new and existing products per assigned global product lines are key objectives of this role.
- Process RFQs and purchase orders in GPMS (Global Price Management System) and RTS (Request Tracking System)
- Review and process SPR's (Standard Price Requests) in GPMS
- Make recommendations regarding business unit price structures and tactics for existing & new products and verify that pricing decisions support overall business unit objectives. Including the establishment of annual product line pricing objectives and leveraging segmentation and value-based models to establish product line pricing strategies
- Coordinate the development and preparation of global price & margin guidelines and bands/envelopes for existing product lines and new products. Including the evaluation and use of overall published book pricing, OEM volume break pricing, distributor volume break pricing
- Work closely with Product Management to provide analytical support and analysis in making recommendations for price adjustments & changes, product life cycle adjustments, product segmentation and cost inflation
- Review low margin products and identify price and margin opportunities to improve customer and global product line profitability. Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business unit initiatives as required
- Recommend and implement bi-annual book price adjustments and run optimization / modelling scenarios when recommending published book pricing. Review discount and column structure for utilization and validation
- Define, maintain and review MOQs at all levels and over per region
- Provide pricing guidance and support to Agreement Pricing Analyst for assigned global product lines
- Pricing, product management / Estimating experience within either the Manufacturing or Engineering sector
- Good customer service experience and skills
- Experience in pricing products in different life cycle stages
- Experience in pricing new products and customer pricing analytics
- Exceptional organisation skills and detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate with multiple functions and strong ability to build relationships and credibility quickly across functions and levels within the business unit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to proactively drive business improvements
- Excellent analytical skills and capability
- Global understanding of market structures and stakes
- Strong PC abilities; expert Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications is required
- Excellent Excel skills are required
- Experience with SAP and Advanced Pricing Software a plus
- Degree or equivalent; Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's