This vacancy would ideally suit an energetic Procurement Specialist who is looking to support an exciting, growing manufacturing division.
The key criteria of the role cover's the following areas;
- Experience in purchasing Raw Materials and Sub contracted processes for a manufacturing facility.
- Generate a strong supplier base.
- Experience in Stainless steel billets and sheet metal preferred.
- Proven negotiation skills to challenge costs whilst maintaining OTD and Quality.
- Support the Manufacturing team with Quotation Requests.
- Work closely as part of a manufacturing team, becoming a key stake holder in the success of the Manufacturing Division.
- Manage vendor score cards and provide monthly data to track performance of all MFG related suppliers.
- Seek opportunities to improve process and remain proactive when approaching daily challenges.
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems and controls.
- Related Supply Chain Management Qualification.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing Experience in a Manufacturing or related field.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.