|Job Title:||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2021 01:13|
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
We are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join this great client, a consumer electronics firm based in Hastings.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Initiate method improvement and cost-saving projects in the Production areas.
- Support Production/Sales/Engineering in the preparation of Process Specifications and Routings. * Assist and provide cover for the manufacture of NPI components in the machine shops.
- Assist with specifications, method improvements and general manufacturing documentation in the plating shop.
- Carry out process and Concept FMEA's.
- Ensure that the routed and actual costs of items are the same as or better than estimated costs.
- Ensure all tooling and gauging requirements are identified/provided for prior to Production
. * Keep well-informed of technical developments and review manufacturing methods.
- Train and develop colleagues and trainees as directed by the Production Engineering Manager.
- Undertake additional tasks and duties as determined by the Production Engineering Manager.
- Observe and comply with Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by the business from time to time. What your background should look like:
Education * ONC/HNC in Mechanical or Production Engineering Experience
- Ideally, have recent experience in a production environment or a related industry
- CNC turning centre experience essential
Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate; ability to use varying internal systems
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's