39 hours per week over 5 days per week:
Split shift 06:00 - 14:00 & 14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Thursday (1 hour earlier finish Friday) 1 week rotation
Benefits: PMI, Pension, Life Cover 33 days annual leave (including stat bank holidays)
The applicant needs to have colour-normal vision
- To provide maintenance support to all production functions, supporting efforts to maximise output and reduce machine down time, ensuring safe working practice and adherence to maintenance schedules.
- To remain flexible within your work so to ensure maintenance support is provided with a view to maintaining customer value within the Maintenance operation, leaving any work/project within a safe / acceptable standard and with regard to production functions without unnecessary downtime.
- To provide maintenance support and engineering related project work on an as required basis to ensure that the Company, as a whole, is able to meet any business demand and operate within any applicable legislation.
- To support continuous improvement within the Maintenance and Production functions - to include the modification of existing or newly supplied equipment, fixtures, fittings and machinery and to support a general reduction in operational cost base, increase in output volume and quality and providing benefits to the overall working environment.
- To ensure any maintenance records required by Customers, Company policy, service schedules, quality procedures or legislative demand are kept on an appropriate easily recoverable system, are kept up-to-date and are accurate.
- Electrical installation - electrical and electronic installation and maintenance including low voltage.
- Electrical maintenance - electrical and electronic installation and repairs maintenance including automated plant and equipment and isolating procedures.
- Electrical fitting - installation of plant including motors and drive systems.
- Electrical panel building and PLC - the design and build of control panels, wiring and knowledge of PLC ladder and IO list etc.
- Mechanical installation - installation of plant and equipment, pipe fitting and plumbing.
- Mechanical maintenance - the service and repair of drives, gear boxes, pumps, valves and solenoids.
- Pneumatic & hydraulic systems - fault finding and the maintenance and repair of associated equipment.
- Maintenance work shop practice - fabrication and welding, the operation of milling and grinding equipment. Awareness of operating to and within safe work procedures and practice.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.