Manufacturing Manager (Engineering)
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Manager (Engineering)|
|Location:||Hailsham, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 14:23|
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced, mechanically biased Production / Manufacturing Manager to join a rapidly growing Engineering company based in Hailsham who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke advance process plant equipment.
You will be part of the Senior Management team responsible for managing the systems manufacturing shop floor department, creating a disciplined, methodical approach to dealing with the production, installation and commissioning of large capital projects in metal processing equipment.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Provide direction and daily management of the manufacturing team for large engineering capital expenditure equipment from project concept through to customer commissioning
- Apply significant manufacturing industrial technical knowledge within the areas of high-pressure gas, water cooling, induction heating, and vacuum engineering disciplines
- Will confer concisely with Directors and other senior management members on project status and defined objectives
- Will have clear concise, coordinated disciplined leadership skills within the company's engineering production area including on sub-contractors and site / services installation
- To be an excellent motivator of production / manufacturing of team members by closely coordinating day to day activities of the production shop floor area
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply safe engineering practices within the production area
- Work closely with Engineering Manager in reviewing design, processes and practices
- Clear concise understanding and application of the cost/design engineering management process tools
- Manage a team of System Engineers and sub-contractors with a positive 'can do' attitude delivering large CAPEX systems according to agreed delivery / completion date time schedules
- The successful applicant would ideally have a degree or HND with a Mechanical Engineering based subject with a minimum of ten years proven industrial / scientific equipment process equipment experience
- Experience in metal melting process, vacuum or oil and gas systems would be advantageous
- Requirement to travel overseas as and when required
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's