- The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the direct sales and marketing activities throughout Europe.
- To focus the European sales force on the products within their territories. To provide sufficient resources to ensure all opportunities for business are explored.
- To facilitate the penetration of strategic accounts leading to profitable business levels.
- This position is a proactive sales role and therefore holds direct accountability for sales and profitability levels.
- Promote the companies services and their benefits to the customer via the company catalogue and website.
- Develop and maintain regular contact and relationships both verbally and electronically with customers.
- Respond promptly to customer requests whilst adhering to company procedures, this will include but will not be limited to:
- Quotations / acknowledgements and requests for information
- Processing of sales orders
- Providing a technical resource
- Enquiry / quotation follow ups
- Telephone calls both incoming and outgoing
- To maintain accurate record and information on customer accounts using the company's Management system.
- Daily communication with Sales Management. In addition act in accordance to their requests within an agreed timescale.
- To actively identify areas of new business and potential customers within the European marketplace.
- To be fully conversant with products within the company catalogue and keep up to date with new technology and developments. Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Present sales statistical information by utilising the companies reporting software.
- To liaise closely with colleagues and recognise opportunities to "cross pollinate" sales initiatives and strategies.
- Drive the European business forward by supporting the sales team on customer visits providing high level assistance through advanced application and technical knowledge. This will include being present at exhibitions. To provide a pre-trip plan identifying objectives and a post trip report when travelling. Typical travel based on 2 x 2 day trips per month.
- Project Engineer key Orders, owning the communication throughout to manage customer expectations.
- Coordinate with European Marketing Coordinator to develop a structured marketing plan.
- Liaise with the European Sales Director and Internal Sales Manager with regard to competitor and market information.
- Good communication skills
- Positive mental attitude
- Minimum 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Job related qualification and/or experience
- Supply chain experience
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook. Power Point)
- A qualification in engineering or similar
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.