To provide the primary source of technical expertise in the moulding of thermoset, thermoplastic and elastomeric materials.
To carry out wide ranging projects in order to improve product quality, increase tooling life / reliability, reduce component costs and improve manufacturing efficiency.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To create detailed work instructions and process settings that facilitate efficient component manufacture
- To provide technical input into the Tool Design section and to liaise with tooling subcontractors
- To initiate and implement cost reduction and method improvement projects
- To ensure that all tooling, gauging and testing requirements are identified prior to production
- To ensure that the routed and actual costs of items are the same as or better than estimated costs
- To liaise with Design Engineering to ensure that products are 'designed for manufacture'
- To provide technical support to the estimating function
- To keep abreast of technical developments and review manufacturing methods
- To train and develop colleagues and trainees as directed by the Production Engineering Manager
- To implement TPM on production machines and related equipment
- To carryout department performance investigations
- To investigate standardised approach to equipment/Tooling
- Create databases for quality issues to increase awareness defining the expectations
- Reduction in second op work through improved mould techniques
- Identify opportunities for automation ie inspection equipment, materials handling robots
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Production Engineering Manager
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation
Education, Training and Background Experience:
Must hold an HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering. A minimum of 5 years experience in the moulding of precision plastic and elastomer components is required.
Suitable Graduates would also be given serious consideration
- Needs initiative in problem solving and the development of new products and processes
- Must exhibit a logical, meticulous approach to problem solving
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.