This is a Mechanical Engineering position that designs and details machined components coordinating all aspects of manufactured products through Planning, Production and Inspection.
The position would ideally suit an applicant who has a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and strong 3D CAD experience with working knowledge of GD&T skills.
Key Job Elements:
- Design and detail mechanical components
- Meet with Material Control, Key Shop Personnel, and any other resource as required to discuss and understand the entire scope of the project.
- Responsible for any manufacturing or sub-contracted challenges that arise.
- Work to budgets and timelines relative to project tasks
- Create Bills of Material
- Interface with the internal machine shop to determine cost effective manufacture
- Interface with subcontractors and outside vendors to procure custom components
- Creates and/or work with shop floor to create recovery plans
- Occasional domestic travel is required
- Experience with Solid Edge or other mid-range modelling package
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Facility
- Experience with vacuum system design experience
- Hands on Experience as a Machinist or Welder
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.