The position would ideally suit an applicant who has recently graduated newly qualified as a Mechanical Engineering Assembly and has strong technical administration skills with working knowledge of solid edge CAD experience. You would be supporting the Design Engineers with their administration but, have design drafting experience use of AutoCAD or Solid Edge. This would be a 6 month rolling contract with a view to possibly go permanent.
They apply knowledge of engineering principles to the design and detail of products such as vacuum chambers, sub-assemblies, and systems. Work with Machine Shop Supervisors to ensure that a quality product is manufactured and delivered to the customer.
Key Job Elements:
- Design and detail mechanical components used in product lines while following the established procedures
- Work to the budgets and timelines relative to project tasks
- Create Bills of Material in the corporate ERP system
- Interface with Sales and Product Management to understand project requirements
- Interface with internal machine shop to determine cost effective manufacture
- Take overall responsibility for projects once released to shop floor
- Monitors individual project tasks to ensure that the project is completed according to schedule.
- If a project falls behinds schedule, work with Machine Shop Supervisors to get projects back on schedule
- If scheduled completion date cannot be kept, take appropriate steps to notify Sales so that end customer can be notified.
- Verifies that manufactured product meets quality standards
- If product does not meet quality standards, work with Engineering, Product Management, Manufacturing Engineers, and Floor Supervisors to determine best method to correct quality issue.
- Verify that individual projects stay within established budget.
- If cost overruns occur, work with Machine Shop Supervisors and Manufacturing Engineers to determine reasons for cost overruns, take steps to avoid additional cost overruns, and communicate reasons behind cost overruns back to Engineering and Product Management for reference on future projects.
- Motivate Machine Shop Operators to improve their performance without the benefit of direct supervisory authority.
- Answer Operator questions that arise with regards to specific projects.
- Requires a high level of initiative, judgment, and discipline
- Mechanical Engineering qualification or newly qualified
- Strong 3D CAD experience preferable solid works
- Good people skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience with Solid Works or other mid-range modelling package
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Facility
- Experience with vacuum system design experience
- Hands on Experience as a Machinist or Welder
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.