Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||Hailsham, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 10:47|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a rapidly growing Engineering company based in Hailsham who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke advance process plant equipment.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the Interpretation of technical specification requirements, Engineering detailed design, CAD modelling and production of all relevant technical documentation.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Applying experienced Engineering knowledge to enable the competent and effective design of the company's systems and equipment
- Application of professional design skills, using licensed Autodesk Inventor and Vault 3D modelling software while ensuring safe orderly storage of requisite drawing files
- Designing all types of equipment and systems for Vacuum, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, High pressure Gas and Induction heating
- Awareness of pressure equipment standards and critical pressure safety systems
- In conjunction with Project Engineering, working to agreed deadlines with a focussed approach to given tasks.
- Active team member will contribute to project development with diligent positive approach to challenging situations
- Production of Bills of Materials - containing sub-assemblies, components and purchased items
- Application of the Design office practices with a sound understanding of Standard Procedures
- Actively participate in problem solving tasks with the Design Office Team
- The ability to actively engage in technical knowledge building tasks and participate in any training requirements that the company deems to be necessary
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate a combination of technical experience, people and business skills with meticulous attention to detail
- They will be expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to improvement and attainment of quality standards in all of the services provided. They will be able to work consistently under times of pressure
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor 3D or Solid Works is highly desirable.
- Must have a sound understanding of engineering principles and relevant standards
- Ability to quickly calculate and assess engineering problems, using both hand calculations and software analysis
- Ability to design for Vacuum, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, High pressure Gas and Heat services
- Control and Instrumentation knowledge or experience would be a bonus
- The candidate must be prepared, when other departments are overloaded to lend a hand on a team working basis to help targets to be met
Education and qualifications
- BEng qualification in a relevant Engineering subject is essential
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's