This is a Mechanical Engineering position that designs and details custom machined components coordinating all aspects of manufactured products through Planning, Production and Inspection.
They apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products sub-assemblies.
They produce a positive, profitable, and winning environment for manufactured products.
Key Job Elements:
- Design and detail mechanical components used in the company product lines while following the established procedures
- Meets with Material Control, Key Shop Personnel, and any other resource as required to discuss and understand the entire scope of the project.
- Responsible for any manufacturing or sub-contracted challenges that arise
- Work to budgets and timelines relative to project tasks
- Create Bills of Material in the corporate ERP system
- Interface with the internal machine shop to determine cost effective manufacture
- Interface with subcontractors and outside vendors to procure custom components
- Occasional domestic travel is required
- Engineering degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering (HND/HNC)
- Strong 3D CAD experience
- Experience with Solid Edge or other mid-range modelling package
- Experience of working within Scientific or Manufacturing Facility
- Hands on Experience via CNC machining, fabrication or TIG Welding
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.