You will provide mechanical maintenance to fixed and mobile plant.
- Carry out work in a safe manner, fixing unsafe conditions
- Working on mobile plant hydraulics and large diesel engines
- Maintain fixed and mobile plant, including conveyors, crushers, face drills and Loaders
- Complete inspections
- Plan work, both individually and as part of a team
- Participate in improvement projects
- Served a recognised mechanical engineering qualification within an industrial situation.
- Hold an appropriate qualification (City and Guilds, BTEC, ONC or equivalent).
- Experience and direct application of performance improvement projects.
- Experience in maintenance of bearings and couplings, heavy duty gearboxes, conveyor systems, compressors, blowing systems, pumps, etc.
- Experience of lubrication and condition monitoring tasks.
- Experience in welding and fabrication.
- Experience of change management.
- IT skills.
- An excellent work ethic and ability to integrate into what is already a very successful team.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.