The company is part of a prestigious global group and is a key partner in the construction of some of the world's most prestigious buildings. They have a strong set of values and a commitment to continuous improvement, together with people and skills development at their core which allows you to build your future with the organisation.
Hours of work are 39 per week - Monday to Friday, some weekend work will be required.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer working as part of the Performance Team you will deliver professional maintenance in order to maximise plant safety and efficiency by actively utilising improvement tools and techniques. The job holder will apply professional maintenance, highlight and deliver improvement projects, work within a performance team environment (reporting to the Line Engineer) and support overall plant KPI's.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities are:
- Work as part of the performance team; deliver projects on plan and to cost.
- Predictive and preventative maintenance activities in line with the PM Pillar and engineering strategy.
- Updating the computerised maintenance management system.
- Support the Enhanced Work Order system, ensuring that all engineering failures are investigated to root cause, countermeasures put in place and their effectiveness monitored.
- Use of World Class Manufacturing tools to deliver improved plant performance.
- Working safely.
- Effective management of change.
To be considered for this role, you would ideally have:
- Served a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship in an industrial situation.
- Hold an appropriate qualification (City and Guilds, BTEC, ONC or equivalent).
- Experience and direct application of performance improvement projects.
- Experience in maintenance of bearings and couplings, heavy duty gearboxes, conveyor systems, compressors, blowing systems, pumps, etc.
- Experience of lubrication and condition monitoring tasks.
- Experience in welding and fabrication.
- Experience of change management.
- IT skills.
- An excellent work ethic and ability to integrate into what is already a very successful team
In return, the company offers an attractive benefit package including 25 days annual leave, pension, life assurance, share scheme and great savings with our employee reward scheme.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.