Multimodal Account Associate
|Job Title:||Multimodal Account Associate|
|Salary:||Up to £27000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 15:36|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Multimodal Account Associate to join a company based in Colchester.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To handle customer and overseas agent sales enquiries
- To obtain rates from approved suppliers
- To make accurate and rapid cost calculations and provide customers with quotations
- Negotiating on sales and costs
- Obtain feedback on all quotes issued and report on quotes won, lost and pending
- Accountable for achieving the profit margins set out in the company guidelines
- Make arrangement for freight movement by approved road, sea and air carriers
- Issue documentation in line with shipper/consignee instructions
- Arrange consular documentation when required
- Liaise with overseas agents in relation to shipment bookings
- Full consignment monitoring and reporting
- Accurate and on time communication of documents to customers and overseas agents
- Ensure that the Exporter/Importer has complied with all UK and foreign rules and standards
- Accurate recording of costs
- Dealing with customer queries
- A high degree of self motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- A confident and determined approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and general work accuracy
- Knowledge of administration processes
- Listening skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to keep confidential information
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's