35 hour a week working 4 nights on, 4 nights off.
10 hour shifts plus 1 hour break (2 30 min breaks) starting at 1800hrs.
The position would highly suit candidates who have served an appropriate apprenticeship, and have experience working within the building material manufacturing sector or analogous industries. The core skill of MMA and MIG welding is also essential.
The successful applicant will be a member of a multi-functional Engineering/TPM team maintaining and improving plant involved in the automated production.
A 35 hour working week is based on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern of 11 hour shifts inclusive of 2, 30 minute breaks.
Key responsibilities will lie in the following functional areas:
- Providing plant wide maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
- Monitor & supply Engineering support of machine set-up & changeovers to ensure that the product conforms to quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
- As a member of the Engineering team promote the development and implementation of the Factory PPM system.
- Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
- As a member of the engineering department implementing rigorous application of TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all areas of the Factory.
- As a member of the Engineering team applying the 5S principles to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping.
This is meant as a broad statement of the purpose, scope, duties and responsibilities of the above position. This list is by no means exhaustive and any reasonable duties would be expected to be carried out upon request.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification.
- Flexible & self motivated working attitude.
- Numerate & literate.
- Computer literate
- Team working attitude.
- Pneumatics, hydraulics and welding skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in a TPM or similar environment.
- Experience of a modern manufacturing environment
- Basic Electrical skills/Qualifications.
- Experience of working with CMM systems
- Familiar with CAD
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
Aiming to operate to world-class standards, the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include:
- Multi functional operation, possibly cross departmental.
- TPM Tools & Techniques inclusive of 5S principles.
- Localised Health and Safety Procedures.
- Localised Environmental Responsibilities.
- Localised up-skilling.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.