35 hour week
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off shift, 11 hrs per shift inclusive of 2, 30 minute breaks.
- Working as part of a multi-functional Engineering/TPM team
- Maintaining equipment involved in the manufacturing process.
- Providing a maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
- Monitor & supply Engineering support for machine set-up & changeovers to ensure that the product conforms to quality assurance standards and ensuring product changeovers are as efficient as possible.
- As a member of the Engineering team promote the development and implementation of the Factory PPM system as part of the Management System.
- Undertake preventative maintenance activities including monitoring the effectiveness of PM routines and contributing to their improvement.
- Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
- As a member of the engineering department implementing rigorous application of TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all areas of the Factory.
- As a member of the Engineering team applying the 5S principles to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification.
- Relevant working experience
- Flexible & self motivated working attitude.
- Numerate & literate.
- Computer literate
- Team working attitude.
- Pneumatics, hydraulics and welding skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
- Experience of working in a TPM or similar environment.
- Experience of a modern manufacturing environment
- Basic Electrical skills/Qualifications.
- Experience of working with CMM systems
- Familiar with CAD, (spec. autocad)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.