This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Nursery Practitioner to join a leading Nursery in Seaford.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Willingness to undertake relevant training
- Have an understanding of children's development, their needs and the provision of positive play
- Care and supervision of children
- Understanding of and adherence to Health and Safety procedure
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment
- To provide support for any children with special needs
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- Working as part of a team
- Keeping accurate records
- Supporting senior members of staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- Relevant childcare qualification at Level 2 or Level 3
- Experience working in a nursery or similar
- Knowledge and experience of the EYFS and an ability to support children's development and their individual needs
- Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
- First Aid certificate (desirable)
Working Conditions and benefits
- Permanent contract, 52 weeks a year, 40 hrs a week (Monday to Friday)
- 31 days paid holiday per annum (including 8 statutory holidays)
- NVQ L2 £18,387.20 to £19,468.80 pa; with NVQ L3+ £19,468.80 to £23,000 pa
- Subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.