Occupational Health Advisor
|Job Title:||Occupational Health Advisor|
|Salary:||£36000 - £38000 per annum + pro rata|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2021 02:13|
Position: Occupational Health Advisor
Location: Radway Green
Salary: £36,000 - £38,000 pro rata
Our client, a leading Occupational Healthcare provider in Radway Green is looking for an Occupational Health Advisor to join their team. Our client has specialist expertise in a range of sectors including aviation, construction, charities, emergency services, engineering, manufacturing, financial and professional services, public sector, retail, and utilities.
25 days Annual Leave (Pro Rata), Health Cash Plan, Perkbox
This is a part time role, working 22.5 hours per week, working three full days between Monday to Thursday, 8am - 4pm. The successful individual will work alone on site but be part of a wider team of two who cover Land UK sites. This role will be made up of health surveillance, case management, face fit testing, DSE assessments and wellbeing/ health promotion activities.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing expert, evidence-based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for Occupational Health advice
- Providing professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
- Providing expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to Occupational Health
- Evaluating the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensuring that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- Providing other Occupational Health services where required such as vaccinations, travel health services, ergonomic advice, or health promotion for our clients
- Providing clinical supervision and supporting other team members where relevant (such as Occupational Health Technicians)
- Maintaining valid and up to date registration with the NMC and complying with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working within Occupational Health
- Ability to work as a lone practitioner
- Must have the full Occupational Health skill set remit
- Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma recorded on Part 3 of the NMC register
- Msc qualification in Occupational Health-related field
- Dual RN/RMN qualification
- Ability to present
- Teaching and training ability in small groups
- Advanced IT skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health service delivery in a wide range of settings
- Practice Teaching/Mentoring of Occupational Health students
- Management of Occupational Health teams
- Administration of vaccinations and travel health services
- Advanced ergonomic advice
- Awareness of delivering health promotion programs
- Offering simple treatments
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.