This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Paraplanner to join an established Independent IFA based in Hove, East Sussex.
This position has been created to support and inform the work of Financial Advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, mortgages, general insurance, tax and investment management. Your key role is to process the personal information provided by clients during a meeting with their Financial Adviser, before researching the best solutions that meet each client's financial needs.
This key responsibilities of this role are broken down into four key parts:
- Preparing and maintaining the client file.
- Preparing recommendations.
- Implementing recommendations.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Assist the Financial Adviser/Planner in establishing new client relationships.
- Assess clients' financial circumstances.
- Prepare financial statements to support the development of clients' financial strategies. This may involve the use of Financial Planning software tools, such as O&M Profiler Analytics.
- Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client's financial circumstances.
- Propose and draft financial solutions that meet clients' goals, needs and objectives.
- Assist with the accurate completion of application and proposal forms.
- Implement actions such as changing existing investment holdings and policy information, as directed by the Financial Adviser/Planner.
- Support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and clients throughout the financial services environment.
- Adhere to FCA rules and guidance.
- Act ethically, impartially and always in the best interests of clients.
- Meet the FCA (formerly FSA) Treating Customers Fairly requirements.
- You will need to have a minimum of 2 years of Paraplanning experience
- Extensive planning, organisational and time management skills
- A CertPFA or DipFA qualification (Desirable)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.