This is an exciting opportunity for a part-time (3 days per week) float Legal Secretary to assist in our client's conveyancing (residential and commercial) department. This is a multi-site role working in both Eastbourne, Peacehaven and Lewes.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Use of case management systems
- Drafting various documents
- File management
- Good telephone manner
- Liaising with clients and other professionals
- Supporting Partners, Associates and Consultants with a wide range of activities
- Take on complex tasks, supporting projects and providing secretarial support
- Working within a fast-paced environment and complying with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of clients, sector mandates, stakeholders and projects
- Prioritising work and working within timeframes
- Effective mailbox management on behalf of the Partners
- Diary management and arranging meetings
- Electronic filing and other administrative systems with ability to store and retrieve documents
- Providing support to the wider team and maintaining high level of awareness
- Drafting letters/ emails in a timely manner to comply with risk and compliance procedures
- Ability to manage the billing process in a timely manner and to use office software
- Demonstrate excellent client care with an empathetic and professional approach
- Be a strong team player with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Maintain discretion at all times
- Confident, enthusiastic, committed and flexible
- Works well under pressure
- Conveyancing (residential and commercial) and law firm experience is essential
- Willingness to broaden knowledge and develop skills further
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
£19,000-£22,000 (pro rata) DOE
Hours of work
9am-5.15pm - 3 days per week, flexible on which days are worked
Eastbourne, Peacehaven and Lewes
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.