Main function of job:
To provide secretarial services to solicitors and legal executives. This is a part time fixed term contract until August and the working days will be Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
- To ensure the smooth flow of documents and correspondence in and out of the Department.
- To word process legal documents either from hand-written notes or by transcribing digital dictation.
- Scan, email and fax correspondence and documents as required.
- Undertake file management including opening and closing files, photocopying and filing all relevant documents.
- Photocopying including preparing trial bundles.
- Answer the telephone, routine calls and taking new enquiries and messages.
- Manage the Fee Earners diary, organising internal and external meetings.
- Support other members of the team in the performance of their duties.
- It is expected that, in accordance with business needs, you will provide support to other secretaries in the department or across the firm by picking up work or covering at times when your work load is light or if one of your usual fee earners is away from the office for whatever reason or at times of urgent business need.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned from time to time.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Excellent IT skills in particular Word.
- Basic PowerPoint and Excel would also be useful as would experience in working with a Practice Management System.
- Strong telephone skills.
Personal Skills Required:
- Interest in legal matters and understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- A well-organised, careful, conscientious approach.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time and priorities.
- Clear speaking and writing.
- Good grasp of the English language - spelling, punctuation and sentence construction.
- Enjoy contact with others, good social skills including tact, patience, understanding and persuasiveness
- Smart appearance
- Good standard of general education, especially English.
- Numerate and literate
- Good IT skills and aptitude
- Experience as a legal secretary.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.