Salary: £22k PRO RATA
Either 3 days per week (7.5 hours per day ) or 5 days reduced hours to be agreed
The organisation represents a £6bn business. A fast growing and exciting sector. The company has seen considerable growth over the last three years and has undertaken a complete refresh and evolution under the leadership of a new Director General. They have c90 members including M&S, John Lewis, Google, Amazon, Debenhams, Harrods and Argos as well as major service providers & consultants operating in this sector. The company deliver a number of events, services and activities throughout the year including breakfasts and forums, a two-day annual conference, two large meetings, Awards and Summer/Christmas parties. They are continually looking for new ways to add value to the membership and to increase income and revenue.
Marketing, PR and communications is a key tool for the organization and the organization are now looking to employ a part time professional, creative and organized marketing specialist to deliver this activity. (see below). The successful applicant will be working closely with the Director and the small friendly team across all areas. All members of the team will work across key events and campaigns as required. The position will involve occasional travel to London for meetings and events as required.
The role will work across all areas of the business and will involve working as part of the team providing day to day business delivery, leading on marketing, PR and communications services to the organization.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing marketing plans & activity
- E-shots/Direct mail
- Social media planning & delivery
- PR liaison
- Partnership management
- Brand development and management - including guidelines & assets
- Campaign marketing - including 'Giftbetter 'copy and liaison
- Web content & updates
- Research project involvement as required
- Design briefings and liaison with agencies
- Use of mail chimp, eventbrite as required
In conjunction with the Team:
- Maintain the monitoring and management system for daily calls & emails
- Cleanse, update and manage the databases ensure consistency
- Review and recommend new members processes and systems (including design)
- An exceptional individual who has a proven successful marketing and comms background
- Extremely flexible, hard-working, able to hit the ground running and who enjoys a lively office.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- A degree is preferred - but not essential for applicants with excellent experience
- Fantastic communication skills both written and verbal - creativity a must
- Excellent working ability with Microsoft Office, Excel, presentation packages. mail chimp (Eventbrite preferred)
- Digital comms experience important including delivery: across social media platforms and experience of up-keeping, updating and developing websites
- Desire to be an important part of a small team growing a business and the market sector
This position will suit a marketing & communications professional who enjoys variety and has experience of working across all areas of a business.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.