Part Time Nursery Manager
|Job Title:||Part Time Nursery Manager|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £10.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2019 13:32|
25 hours a week Term time only / £10.00 per hour / £11,250 per annum
This role is for an experienced Early Years Manager or a strong Deputy Manager who is looking to take the next step in their career, to join this well established team., being included in the ratio with the rest of the staff to children.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the nursery, ensuring compliance with all current legislative requirements at all times.
- To ensure that the setting adheres to the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- To ensure the requirements of Ofsted are met, prepare action plan after an Ofsted inspection and work with the 'Local Authority Early Years Advisory Team' when required.
- To manage the day to day running of the setting, ensuring that the staff are supported to provide high quality integrated childcare and education.
- To regularly monitor and evaluate the quality of provision provided, ensuring policies and procedures, best practice and standards are maintained.
- To implement and maintain the Equal opportunities Policy, ensuring all children, their families, staff, students and volunteers are valued and practice is positive and non-discriminatory.
- To be responsible as the Safeguarding Lead practitioner for the setting.
- To ensure the Director of the company is informed of any situation that may have detrimental effect on the setting, including complaints.
- To support the director with the financial operations of the nursery.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Level 3 in child care.
- 3 Years or more experience of working with 0-5 years in a high quality Early Years setting, together with supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and planning.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of staff and be an excellent team player.
- Able to develop positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies.
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of initiative and flexibility.
- A willingness to train and stay up to date with best practice.
- Sound knowledge of child protection procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety issues.
- Administrative and IT skills.
- Ideally already be Pediatric First Aid
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's