Purpose of Position:
To provide support to the Payroll Department during the monthly payroll processing and full cover for the Payroll Manager during periods of absence.
- Liaise with HR Administrator and input all data required for the monthly payroll.
- Resolve any queries prior to monthly payroll for inclusion.
- Run processes for the monthly payroll and submit the file to the DFS for approval.
- Respond to telephone / email enquiries from employees.
- Reconcile monthly payroll payments, including YBS/GAYE/SSC and CSA ensure they are correct and process the payments accordingly.
- Reconcile monthly Childcare Vouchers to the Benefits submission.
- Scan and archive all Payroll data at month end. Liaise with HMRC/Employees, on Tax queries and Submit payments to HMRC in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with legislative requirements.
- P11D input, preparation and filing to HRMC.
- PSA reporting to HMRC.
- Assist with payroll end of year / start of year and the issue of P60's.
- Liaise with Symatrix regarding system issues / testing and resolution.
- Process Student loans.
- Leavers paid correctly to include annual leave accrual paid or deducted is verified.
- All salary changes checked to include addresses and bank details.
- Import Tax code changes via EDI/XML.
- Check flexible benefits have been entered.
- Ensure correct payment of Sickness/ Maternity/paternity/adoption/Shared Parental Leave.
- Roll back of payroll input as required.
- Run Bacs report.
- Childcare vouchers reconciliation for P11D purposes and legislation.
- Scan and archive all payroll documentation for audit purposes monthly.
- Liaise with HMRC.
- Reconcile Year end data and run P60 processes.
- Liaise with Symatrix for additional requirements and testing.
Payroll experience required. Attention to detail, methodical and able to work to strict deadlines. The ability to work well under pressure is essential as is being a team player. A payroll or AAT qualification along with Oracle experience is desirable but not essential. Applicants need to be flexible in regards to working hours, one week you would work from Monday to Thursday, and Monday to Friday the following week working a total of 45 hours over the 9 days.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.