Interview date: Thursday 20th September 2018
Hours: 1pm to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
To act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers and to provide a high quality, professional reception service.
- Dealing with the clients both on the telephone and in person
- Maintaining the Reception and all public areas to a high standard
- Following agreed procedures for opening and closing Reception and public areas at the start and at the end of each day
- Open the post and contact the departments when the post is ready for collection
Key skills and knowledge:
- Previous experience in an office administrative/receptionist position
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Recent practical experience of using word processing packages (preferably Word) and Outlook
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision
- Delivers work to a consistently high standard
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving work practices and supporting company plans and policies
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others and is seen as "approachable"
- Flexible and willing to provide support required to all Partners and colleagues in the office
- Ability to express oneself both verbally and in writing in a clear and constructive way
- Willing to ask questions, listen to other's views and accept feedback
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Demonstrates integrity i.e. show respect for others, try to do the right thing, be honest and dependable, and understand the importance of confidentiality
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.