This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to join an established and progressive Law Firm based in Eastbourne on a part time basis.
To act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers and to provide a high quality, professional reception service in line with the Firm's policies and procedures.
Salary: £9.39 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:45am - 1:00pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Dealing with the clients both on the telephone and in person promptly and in line with our agreed policies and procedures
- Conveying a polite, professional, friendly and efficient impression to all visitors
- Taking and relaying all messages accurately and promptly to all members of staff
- Promptly distributing external/internal post that is delivered to Reception
- Processing ID documentation from clients in line with the Firm's policies and procedures
- Maintaining the Reception and all public areas to ensure that they maintained to a high standard, and are always clean and tidy
- Reporting any facilities issue to the Facilities Executive
- Booking/managing all meeting rooms
- Liaising with external contractors and notifying Eastbourne staff when they are on our premises and when they leave
- Following agreed procedures for opening and closing Reception and public areas at the start of each day
- Any other tasks which may reasonably be required from time to time
- A welcoming and professional approach with the ability to maintain calm at all times
- Extensive Reception experience, preferably in the legal sector, and the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the areas of law covered by the Firm
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Recent practical experience of using word processing packages (preferably Word) and Outlook
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- A commitment to improving work practices and supporting the Firm's plans and policies
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others and is seen as "approachable"
- Flexible and willing to provide support required to all Partners and colleagues in the office
- Ability to express oneself in a clear and constructive way
- Willing to ask questions, listen to other's views and accept feedback
- Demonstrates integrity i.e. shows respect for others, tries to do the right thing, is honest and dependable, and understands the importance of confidentiality
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.