This is an exciting opportunity for a Parts Delivery Driver to join a Commercial Vehicle dealership in Crawley.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To organise deliveries in a prompt and efficient manner and to maintain records as required
- To maintain good customer relations by being courteous and helpful at all times and to report any problems that may arise from goods or services supplied by the company
- To drive the branch delivery vehicle in a careful and courteous manner with due regard to the Road Traffic Act and company procedures and immediately notify of any pending endorsements or prosecutions against your licence
- To keep the vehicle clean at all times and regular checks on oil, water, battery, lights, tyres, fuel and report any new damage
- To carefully observe company procedures regarding accidents and insurance claims and to report any accidents or other occurrence relating to the company vehicle without delay
- To have due regard for Health and Safety of others whilst undertaking your duties
- To immediately notify the Parts Manager of any vehicle defects and give advance warning of vehicle maintenance schedule
- To assist with additional duties to maintain the working environment in a clean and tidy condition
- To carry out any reasonable request as directed by the Parts Manager
- High levels of communication skills
- Experience in a similar driving role, automotive or commercial vehicles industry highly desirable
Details of the role
- You must have a full, clean driving licence. This is essential.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Competitive
- Experience: Parts Delivery: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00 (45 hours per week)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.