This is an exciting opportunity for a Parts Manager to join a large manufacturing company in Eastbourne.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To oversee and organise stock production requirements
- Purchasing of product
- Inventory and management control
- Introduction/Implement new stock control system and procedures
- To accept and receipt goods-in on a daily basis ensuring 100% accuracy
- Locate and allocate goods-in according to the "goods-in" procedure
- Liaise with all relevant departments on deliveries and planning of goods-in
- Drive the team and department forward
- Advise on all stock shortages and incorrect supply from manufactures to the Warehouse Manager
- Create and maintain department KPIs
- To ensure all goods received meet the expected criteria for quality, quantity and the exact product requirements
- To ensure that the goods-in/yard areas are kept clean and clear
- Manage a stores team and identify areas for improvement
- Provide mentoring and regular team reviews
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
- Implement change as required by the Warehouse Manager
- Year end stock audits
- 3+ years' knowledge of large quantity of items and stock management, ideally gained in manufacturing
- Strong management skills with experience of disciplinary procedures
- High level of organisation skills, ability to prioritise workloads
- Discretion and diplomacy skill set
- Good IT skills, Excel and Word
- Mentoring with experience of training staff
- Excels under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external with suppliers
- Process driven, high volume parts experience
- Company pension
- Career longevity with progression opportunities
- This is a full time position, hours 08.00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
- Salary £25k - £28k
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.