Our Hastings-based client is looking for a Payroll and Pensions Co-ordinator.
You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the pension and payroll processes, in liaison with the HR and Finance departments.
- Overseeing payroll and pension procedures, implementing any changes as appropriate and working in line with policies
- Dealing with enquiries
- Planning and sharing the payroll annual schedule with appropriate staff
- Timesheet processing and reconciliation
- Entering payroll data into Sage, by the required deadlines
- Issuing payslips
- Processing and balancing month and year end returns in line with relevant timescales legal requirements , and completing month and year end RTI returns to HMRC
- Set-up of procedures for the new financial year
- Assisting to set-up annual staff budget information
- Meeting attendance with relevant departments
- Recording employee absence via Sage
- Managing and implementing statutory pension Auto Enrolment process where necessary
- Liaising with external organisations to ensure the smooth operation of pension schemes
- Keeping up to date on all statutory regulations regarding payroll and pensions and implementing where appropriate
- Resolving issues whilst operating within internal financial and external audit requirements.
- Additional support to the Finance department where required
- Analysing payroll costs and statistics via Excel spread sheets on a monthly basis (and balancing on Sage)
- Understanding and implementing statutory requirements regarding payments to staff working on a bank basis
Candidates must have excellent verbal, written and IT skills and a good level of Maths and English. Must also be skilled in using Sage payroll.
Payroll and pensions administration knowledge is a must along with experience of timesheet calculations and reconciliation. Candidates should also have experience in NHS pension schemes
Candidates must hold DBS and Occupational Health clearances appropriate to the role.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.