|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£13.62 - £18.24 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2019 02:19|
Physiotherapist - 3 months minimum - Enhanced adult DBS
You will perform therapeutic assessment of individuals with diverse and varied physical and psychological conditions, to determine a diagnosis and formulate and deliver an appropriate individualised treatment programme. To hold responsibility for own caseload and be responsible for a specific area, working without direct supervision. Access to advice and support from a senior physiotherapist is available when required. Clinical work is regularly evaluated by a senior physiotherapist.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of individuals in your care.
- To undertake a high standard of comprehensive holistic assessment of individuals using sound clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis.
- To analyse and interpret information from a wide range of options and results, in order to formulate and deliver an appropriate individual evidence-based physiotherapy treatment programme for all individuals using evidence based individual centred principles.
- To formulate accurate prognosis and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans.
- To assess an individual's understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with individuals who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
- To have a sound working knowledge of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) and follow-up rehabilitation and treatment services.
- To work as an effective member of the MDT and make appropriate and timely referrals to MDT colleagues.
- To use recognised outcome measures, assessment tools and sound clinical skills to evaluate an individual's progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive written individual's treatment records in line with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) standards of practice. This includes report writing, discharge summaries, referral letters and written communication with other health care professionals and agencies.
- To assess and provide specialised equipment working in close collaboration with the Integrated Community Equipment Service. To accurately complete, seek authorisation and process equipment orders on a timely basis.
- To be responsible for the safe and competent use of all equipment, gym equipment and individuals appliances and aids (e.g. walking aids and moving and handling equipment) used within the role.
- To undertake the assessment and treatment of acutely ill individuals with respiratory problems, who may have a complex presentation.
- To attend agreed mandatory training to maintain clinical competence in acute respiratory physiotherapy assessment, and any relevant treatment techniques.
- Diploma/degree in physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Will have broad based undergraduate experience covering all major specialities - respiratory, musculoskeletal outpatients/orthopaedics and neuro rehabilitation /adult rehabilitation
- Experience working in an acute hospital setting, NHS or worked within an Palliative Care Setting
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication along with good IT skills to include word processing and e-mail
- Be able to communicate where there may be barriers to understanding.
- Developed working knowledge of broad range of illnesses, injuries and conditions, physiotherapy assessment and treatment techniques
- Able to present information, written and orally, in a clear and logical manner
- Ability to be highly organised and responsive to changing workloads and situations
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure and experience of quality issues and clinical audit
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for services
- Awareness of the wider local and national agenda around physiotherapy, NHS developments
- Ability to cope working in a stressful environment and with emotional or aggressive individuals and carers.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's