You will perform therapeutic assessment of individuals with diverse and varied physical and psychological conditions, to determine a diagnosis and formulate and deliver an appropriate individualised treatment programme. Access to advice and support from a senior physiotherapist is available when required. Clinical work is regularly evaluated by a senior physiotherapist,
- To undertake a high standard of comprehensive holistic assessment of individuals using sound clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis.
- To analyse and interpret information from a wide range of options and results, in order to formulate and deliver an appropriate individual evidence-based physiotherapy treatment programme for all individuals using evidence based individual centred principles.
- To assess an individual's understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with individuals who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
- To have a sound working knowledge of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) and follow-up rehabilitation and treatment services.
- To work as an effective member of the MDT and make appropriate and timely referrals to MDT colleagues
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive written individual's treatment records in line with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) standards of practice. This includes report writing, discharge summaries, referral letters and written communication with other health care professionals and agencies.
- To assess and provide specialised equipment working in close collaboration with the Integrated Community Equipment Service. To accurately complete, seek authorisation and process equipment orders on a timely basis.
- To be responsible for the safe and competent use of all equipment, gym equipment and individuals appliances and aids (e.g. walking aids and moving and handling equipment) used within the role.
- To check all equipment prior to use and report any faults to Day Services Manager and other relevant persons.
- To undertake the assessment and treatment of acutely ill individuals with respiratory problems, who may have a complex presentation.
- To attend agreed mandatory training to maintain clinical competence in acute respiratory physiotherapy assessment, and any relevant treatment techniques.
- To act as a responsible individual in relation to Health and Safety and be aware of the responsibilities of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, staff and volunteers.
- To hold DBS and Occupational Health clearances appropriate to the role. Note: these are obtained and checked as part of the recruitment process and reviewed in line with company policy or if a change in circumstances is declared or comes to light.
- Diploma/degree in physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development maintained in a portfolio
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Will have broad based undergraduate experience covering all major specialities - respiratory, musculoskeletal outpatients/orthopaedics and neuro rehabilitation /adult rehabilitation
- Experience within the NHS
- Experience of working within Palliative Care SettingExcellent verbal and non-verbal communication
- Ability to disseminate complex information to others
- Be able to communicate where there may be barriers to understanding.
- Awareness of research process and critical evaluation of evidence
- Developed working knowledge of a broad range of physiotherapy assessment and treatment techniques
- Knowledge of legislation and understanding of the legal responsibilities of the profession
- Ability to apply knowledge to achieve high standards of clinical practice / performance
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for services
- Awareness of the wider local and national agenda around physiotherapy, NHS developments
- Experience of quality issues and clinical audit
- Ability to cope working in a stressful environment and with emotional or aggressive individuals and carers.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.