Planning and Purchasing Officer
Location: St Leonards on Sea
Salary £13.90 p/h
5 month contract with view to extend
Dealing with Inter company work loads in the production areas with shop orders and to expedite these orders with the objective of optimising billings and achieving forecast output on time. Dealing with internal offices globally mainly France and Spain.
To purchase supplies of materials and components from various third party suppliers to optimise billings and achieve forecast output on time.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- To forecast delivery against customer enquiries when customer's requirement is for delivery shorter than lead time.
- To progress shop orders to meet delivery promises and advise Industrial Operations Manager when dates cannot be met.
- To determine the allocation of stock orders in the knowledge of differing priorities.
- To intelligently manipulate the production plan in accordance with company procedures to optimise customer satisfaction and billings figures.
- To maintain integrity of the MRP system in order to improve sales, deliveries and lead times.
- To provide departmental reports from mainframe source data in order to fully inform key personnel in the Industrial Department.
- To check capacity of Industrial Manufacturing and oversee allocation of month end output to ensure that forecast billings are achieved and that on time delivery performance is maintained or improved to a minimum of 95%
- Ability to speak either French or Spanish fluent
- Good computer skills - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, data entry.
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantage
- MANMAN experience preferred.
- Experience in purchasing/supply chain management field.
- CPM or APICS CPIM certification preferred
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.