Our client is a well respected, medium sized nursing home who are currently looking for a Practice Development Facilitator to join their friendly team.
Main responsibilities of Practice Development Facilitator role:
- Work with the Registered Home Manager to instil a positive work culture ensuring staff are supported in their roles to achieve, maintain and exceed high standards of care that is safe, caring, compassionate and of a high quality
- Work with the Registered Home Manager to maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date training matrix and record of supervision, coaching and appraisal of all staff
- Work with the Registered Home Manager to promote a culture of learning utilising outcomes and impacts of service user and stakeholder feedback, audits, incidents, accidents, complaints and best practice to evidence continuous improvement.
- Plan, organise and deliver corporate and local induction for new starters
- Deliver identified L&D programmes and interventions for staff ensuring that organisational and legislative requirements are met; delivery to be flexible to accommodate shift patterns as required
- Develop, coordinate and deliver workshops, seminars, action-learning events and change management techniques to Care Home staff; delivery to be flexible to accommodate shift patterns as required
- Plan, organise and carry out mandatory training ensuring targets are achieved e.g. moving & handling, safeguarding, DoLS and fire training
- Provide additional guidance and mentoring to staff in relation to externally commissioned courses which provide nationally accredited kitemarks and standards
- Facilitate formal and informal workshops and learning experiences for large and small group presentations
- Identify training needs and skills gaps providing interventions through a 'blended' learning approach
- Act as lead Moving and Handling Instructor working with household teams to ensure that beneficiaries have appropriate handling assessments and that necessary equipment is available
- Assess competency and identify training needs in order that the performance and development of individuals and teams is reviewed regularly and managed proactively.
- Work with household teams to identify and develop action plans for service/ practice improvement ensuring development needs are reflected through individual PDP's
- Maintain appropriate systems for recording learning and development activities to assist in workforce planning and development by identifying skill shortages/requirements.
- Carry out ad-hoc training and coaching activities as required in response to significant events, audit outcomes, data trend analysis, commissioning advice etc. Work with external training providers, assessors and staff to ensure successful completion of qualifications
- Work with Learning and Development Manager to implement the Care Services Learning and Development Strategy
- Work with the Learning and Development Manager and Registered Home Manager to support appropriate induction of volunteers and ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Support the Learning and Development Manager to evaluate the quality of externally commissioned trainers
- Work with the Quality and Innovation Manager to assess and audit care standards, procedures and care pathways to ensure that care delivery is in line with the Legion's policies and value.
- Manage a delegated budget in line with the care home's standing financial orders.
Skills & Behaviours of qualifying of Practice Development Facilitator:
- Coaching, training, adult learning qualification e.g. PTLLs, D32/D33, A1 Assessor, ILM 4, QTLS or equivalent is essential
- Level 1 Nursing or Relevant health or social care qualification is desirable
- Experienced health/care management practitioner
- Excellent understanding of the needs of older people and the social care sector
- Demonstrates qualities to deliver the care home's values and behaviours
- Communicates clearly and concisely using a range of methods to a variety of people with different needs and abilities
- Experience of developing and implementing training interventions
- Evidence of working with cross functional subject matter experts in developing training interventions is desirable
Are you a qualified Nurse either out in your career or looking for a more senior position? If so, Sammons Healthcare would like to offer our expertise and assistance. We have vacancies nationwide for RGNs RMNs and RNLDs. Additionally if you are currently seeking a post as an Area, Home or Deputy Manager, Senior Nurse or Clinical Lead then please send your CV to us along with your requirements and we will endeavour to find the right position for you.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.