Contracted hours: 40 hour contract
This reputable care home provider now has a rare and exciting opportunity to cover five of their nursing homes in West and East Sussex but your base will be Worthing. This is a predominately Monday to Friday role but you will be expected to cover the occasional night and weekend so a degree of flexibility is needed. Training experience and qualification (PTTLS or equivalent is necessary) as well as a nursing qualification are essential.
Main responsibilities of Practice Development/Training Nurse (RN) role:
- To act as role model and ambassador for all nursing staff.
- To provide training, mentoring and coaching in South Coast Nursing Homes mandatory clinical nursing programme with evidence of supported learning in both the classroom in theory and on the floor in practice.
- To develop an individual programme for each nursing home with the Matron and Training and Development Manager to ensure the clinical/nursing requirements of each home are met and work effectively with existing training programmes within specified timeframes.
- To implement the RN induction programme for new RN's and ascertain areas for further clinical training and development.
- Act as clinical expert and information resource, leading the management of medical issues and conditions. Ensuring high levels of competence and compliance.
- To support the Matron/management teams in the performance review of clinical staff including annual appraisal and individual development plans. Monitor staff and ensure feedback through supervision.
- To keep up to date with clinical and professional developments in nursing
- Work in collaboration with the training department to deliver training and support in the importance of accurate documentation.
- To undertake a strategic review of policies and procedures in line with NMC
guidelines and CQC requirements.
- To develop strong working relationships with Matrons in order to understand
and meet the clinical needs of nursing homes and facilitate effective
communication and team working between nursing staff and matrons/managers.
- To ensure that drug administration meets the requirements of the NMC and
that all practices are appropriately updated. To manage all areas of
medication management within the home with support from the manager.
- To develop links with the University of Brighton and facilitate student nurse mentoring placements within SCNH and work alongside the training department to source training opportunities from the wider Health & Social Care network as appropriate.
Skills & Behaviours required for Practice Development/Training Nurse (RN) role:
- To familiarise with approved company policy and procedure and ensure adherence to such requirements and other relevant statutory regulations and recommendations.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about residents and staff and ensure adherence to requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- To adopt a flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of all clinical staff and facilitate a 24 hour level of support where necessary by agreed rota system.
- Undertake such other duties as may be delegated to the post holder from time to time.
Are you a qualified Nurse either out in your career or looking for a more senior position? If so, Sammons Healthcare would like to offer our expertise and assistance. We have vacancies nationwide for RGNs RMNs and RNLDs. Additionally if you are currently seeking a post as an Area, Home or Deputy Manager, Senior Nurse or Clinical Lead then please send your CV to us along with your requirements and we will endeavour to find the right position for you.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.