35 hours per week
5 weeks annual leave + stat days
Circa £35,000 per annum
The Company has a well-deserved reputation for providing durable and reliable products of the highest quality and are constantly pioneering new products that are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
We are looking for someone who has extensive Procurement Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing background, with proven negotiation skills and the ability to drive and deliver key business opportunities and deliver productivity and cost efficiencies to support the company's strategic goals and maximise value and cost savings. The role may include some UK and occasional international travel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The job will not be placing orders on suppliers or chasing for product. This role will be more about sourcing suppliers, managing suppliers, negotiating with suppliers etc.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with current suppliers, sourcing and cultivate new procurement opportunities and contacts
- Collaborate with internal and external senior stakeholders to realise key business requirements and goals
- Develop sourcing strategies to deliver cost savings and wider commercial benefits to positively impact company results
- Use appropriate software and / or other resources to target 100% fulfilment of customer orders within Company stocking policy and to ensure appropriate prioritisation, timely supply and sensible utilisation of limited resources is achieved when meeting the company's supply demand.
- To be responsible for adhering to current stock level guidance for all finished goods, raw materials, component stock and work in progress.
- An experienced procurement professional with demonstrable experience within a manufacturing, or similar industry
- Proven experience of successful management of strategic supplier relationships, including excellent negotiation skills and a strong understanding of commercial terms, conditions and contract law.
- An ability to monitor and analyse product costs and generate and maintain product cost models which demonstrate cost reductions
- Ability to challenge and ensure effective ways of working to ensure that systems and procedures are responsible to stakeholder requirements whilst demonstrating quality and value.
- Ideally CIP's qualified (but not essential)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.