Description of Program
A unique opportunity to join a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide, where the employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of the people give the company their competitive edge.
Purpose of Position
To be the key interface, with full responsibility for all Manufacturing related programmes within assigned portfolio, supporting Manufacturing Manager (Product Delivery Lead 2) to ensure scope, schedule & budget adherence.
To be responsible for the co-ordination of all related activities, including resource planning, material procurement through to product dispatch
- Create and expedite all production work orders for manufactured items, creating and issuing build packages to the shop
- Ensure configuration details are correct on all build packages
- key interface for repair contract and liaising with Supply Chain for returning failed modules.
- Managing spares, repairs and support contracts in accordance with contractual obligations
- Ensuring that delivery targets are met through communicating the requirements to all responsible departments and identifying and resolving any issues
- Tracking Manufacturing Estimate to complete costs against assigned program budgets. Agree identified variances and manage with Project Manager & Project Accounts
- Provision of monthly status reporting to portfolio Program Managers.
- Create, maintain and report project schedules using MS Project
- As recipient of the Statement of Work, to ensure Master Record Index configuration standard is correct.
- Issue original As Built List's to upgrade paperwork pack
- Marking up of survey sheets with correct configuration details for repairs and upgrades
- Liaise with Manufacturing and Process Engineering teams to ensure key or critical items are fully developed with complete Bill Of Material's & Routings in place so target manufacturing dates are achieved
- Manage Risks and Opportunities, for production and spares/repairs projects hold programme risk reviews (Manufacturing elements)
- Monitor, report & flag concerns, exceptions and issues to Program Managers' and Senior Managers, along with proposed solutions.
- To sign-off timecards and expenses as budget holder for assigned projects
- Provide support on project status as requested at programme reviews
- Conflict management and priorities resolution
- Conduct Production Readiness Reviews (PRR's)
- Identification and ownership of the resolution of any issues that will affect the plan. This will include alerting other departments to potential problems and will require pro-active planning.
- Prepare & release production work packages on confirmation of material supply status.
- Update and manage Oracle ERP information to ensure that all manufacturing data is accurate.
- Use of "Lean Techniques" to improve operational performance of self and department.
- Creation and update of appropriate performance measures / metrics.
- Good working knowledge of Oracle ERP systems
- Good working knowledge of MS office Suite including MS Project
- Familiar with working with PDM
- Excellent understanding of PCB manufacturing and associated processes
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) of lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- High degree customer focused
- Conflict management
- Ability to work and forge sound relationships with Project driven teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communications at all levels
- The ability to make decisions within your scope of authority and take responsibility for them.
- Diligence and attention to detail
- The flexibility to recognise and respond to the changing needs of the role
- Organised and disciplined.
- Supply chain, project control and inventory control working experience
- Working experience with Risk Management Tool (ARM) or similar.
- Experience using Oracle Project Management (OPM)
- Working experience of the Headcount Forecast Database (HFDB).
Required Education & Experience
- HND or equivalent qualification in production / electronics (or significant proven experience)
- APMIC (introductory certificate)
- APMP (practitioner)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.