To carry out wide ranging Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering activities to provide technical support in trouble-shooting and production problems and also look at improving efficiency, quality, and initiating methods.
To provide expertise knowledge on assembly processes. The introduction of assembly tooling ensuring that that best working practices are adhered. To ensure that all activities being carried out must contribute to the companies delivery on time objectives
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE:
Ideally hold an ONC/HNC in Mechanical or Production Engineering and have had at least 3 years experience in a production environment of a related industry.
SAP System drawing data base MS office and PC plus production plant and equipment.
- To initiate method improvement and cost saving projects in the Production areas.
- To support Production/Sales/Engineering in the preparation of process specifications and routings.
- To assist with specifications, method improvements and general manufacturing documentation.
- To assist with the introduction and auditing within the production areas.
- To ensure that the routed and actual costs of items are the same as or better than estimated costs.
- To ensure all tooling and gauging requirements are identified / provided for prior to production.
- To work with internal and external Toolroom's on new and replacement tooling project to ensure they are delivered on time and meet requirements.
- To work with Quality on 8D investigations to identify root cause and implement corrective actions.
- To liaise with Engineering to ensure components are designed for manufacture.
- To train and develop colleagues and trainees as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To undertake additional tasks and duties as determined by the Operations Manager.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
Please only apply to our job vacancies if you live within a commutable distance to the job location, or if you are in the process of relocating to said location.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.