This is a 6 month contract but it may be extended further.
- To kit, prepare, assemble and build PCB modules, cables and sub-assemblies designed either in-house or as 'build to print'.
- To be able to work from drawings and/or detailed work instructions
- To be able to operate equipment such as the Europlacer 'pick and place machine, the Royonics PTH plus various ovens and soldering machines.
- To be able to use tooling provided for performing the various tasks required.
- Documentation: Clear and accurate completion of assembly and rework documentation which is correctly stamped and dated to ensure full traceability which is to be maintained throughout the build process.
- Assembly: Carry out the assembly of both PCBs and mechanical assemblies using, predetermined programmes, detailed work instructions or drawings to the required company standard and/or programme standards. Work must be completed to an acceptable level of quality as defined, by these standards with the minimum of rejects at inspection.
- Productivity: Complete work within the specified times and be reliable in timekeeping and attendance.
- Improvements and Innovation: Suggest ways of improving the productivity of the build methodology and processes.
- Housekeeping: Adhere to and promote the 5S's standards of housekeeping.
- Quantitive Data: Meet or better, the specified build times/estimates
- Educated to at least GCSE standard with at least 3 passes to grade 'C' or above.
- Experience/ability to work within the requirements of the defence industry for traceability.
- Excellent soldering and workmanship standards on PTH and SMT technologies to meet the requirements of both the defence and aerospace industries.
- Experience of surface mount pick & place machinery and surface mount rework an advantage.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.